Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Images from my garden

I do not have the room for a complex garden at my home due to all the room taken up by the pool, but I work with what I have got. 

I have been experimenting over the past 2 summers as to what works well in the soil I have.  So far I have determined that peppers, tomatoes and cucumbers seem to work the best.  My cucumber plants exploded this year and are overrunning the garden and choking out the peppers unfortunately.  I need to figure out something better for next year.  Possible using the chicken wire fences I built for my mom a couple years back.


From Garden 2010

Above is the cucumber plants from about a month ago.  They are much larger now.  I need to take an updated snap.


From Garden 2010

One of the cucumbers harvested last week.  They are growing oddly, but taste excellent.


From Garden 2010


From Garden 2010

Some of the cherry tomatoes from the upside down planter.

And below are some of the visitors to my garden.  The birds are long gone now.  But I seem to have a lot of toads lately.


From Garden 2010


From Garden 2010


From Garden 2010

2 comments:

  1. Great garden! Cucumbers are fantastic. They grow so big so quickly, and the uglier they look - the better they seem to taste.

    The sun has been so intense this Summer so far that my tomatoes are going crazy. They've never been bushier. If these are the affects of global warming, bring it on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have three pots in my backyard; romaine lettuce, cherry tomatoes, and strawberries. The strawberries almost kicked the bucket early on, so I cut off all the fruit and they're doing great now.

    The lettuce seemed to be doing great, and tasted alright when I tried some of it, and then promptly died.

    Tomatoes seem a little bit wilty, but are doing okay... still waiting for the other shoe. :)

    You're making me very interested in cucumbers... :D

    ReplyDelete